Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A genre of music I particularly enjoy...

Jazz is a genre of music i particularly like.

This kind of music beginning of the 20th century in Southern United States. It was popular from 20th century. and Jazz has his own special rhythm and harmony.

I study classical music, why i interested in such kind of music like Jazz? Because Jazz music can make me feel very relax and comfortable. Especially, when i finish a whole day work. I just sit on my bed listen the music , that is very enjoyable thing. And I have another reason that is jazz relative with classical music. Some composer combined elements of the jazz idiom with classical style. Some chord that jazz used borrow from classical style. On the other hand, some jazz composer and some jazz band they rewrite some piece from famous classical composer: Like Mozart, Beethoven. Haydn.etc. That is also very beautiful and interesting.

For instance, Walking bass this music element beginning from Baroque period. But this term used in many styles of popular music. Include jazz music. It usually play in bass part. And played by Piano. Double bass ,Electric bass, wind bass. In Jazz music this element almost used in every jazz band.

In jazz music also have different kind. Like Cool jazz ;Free jazz; smooth jazz.etc . I prefer smooth jazz because smooth jazz hears like lounge music. It never increase the beat at lower notes.

I highly recommend people try to lesson some jazz music at your daily life. it can helps you decrease stress. Maybe you can feel more interested in your life.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing some of your ideas on jazz, Danying. I think jazz is very interesting too. I really admire the way jazz musicians are able to improvise each time they play, such that what they play each time is never quite the same, and yet still sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete